A copy of the month’s notifications will be available on this page below (but may not be as timely as the app).
|Reminders for week 9
1. This week is show week!
PLEASE NOTE: DOORS TO THE HALL WILL OPEN 20 MINS BEFORE THE SHOW BEGINS AND ONCE A SHOW HAS STARTED NO ONE WILL BE PERMITTED TO LEAVE THE HALL.
2. All classroom programmes run as usual this week, children will still need their tags on PE day and there is still lunchtime swims.
|Triathlon training canceled due to heavy rain.
There will be no training next week either due to the production.
|Reminders for week 8
1. The Whanau Fono movie trip is on Monday, please note that Monday will be our last Whanau Fono session for 2018 and that any children not going on the trip will need to be picked up straight after school or enrolled into Oscar for the afternoon. Those on the trip will be back at around 4.00pm.
2. The Pasadena open morning is on Tuesday for those children attending Pasadena Intermediate in 2019.
3. The helpers morning tea for those invited parents, caregivers and wider whanau is on Thursday.
4. The Walking School Bus Pool Party is at the School Pool this Friday starting at 3.00pm.
5. Tickets for the show are on sale in the office between 8.15 – 8.45 and
3.00-3.20. This week the 4 tickets restriction per family is lifted, tickets are selling fast so get in quickly
|Reminders for Friday
Tomorrow is the Walkathon (Junior & Middle) or Triathlon day (Senior
School). All children need suitable footwear and clothing for walking.
Senior School children are to report to the field with their team on arrival at school to place their bikes in the transition area. Senior School children are also reminded there are prizes for best team outfits. All children are allowed to dress up in outfits that are appropiate for walking (there may be some spot prizes).
If you are a parent helper please refrain from parking on Monaghan Ave or the bottom half of Grant Street as this is where the children cycle. Parked cars provide a safety risk for children. Tomorrow’s forecast is for a light shower around 10.00am so please pack a light rain coat as the air will still be warm.
Reminders for week 7
1. The Ponsonby Intermediate testing is on Monday morning for the Year 6 children enrolled to attend next year. Please ensure your child is at school if they need to sit this test.
2. On Wednesday evening is the Digital Technologies information evening starting at 6.00pm in the hall. Please attend if you are interested in learning about how we keep your children safe online at school and how we can assist at home.
3. On Friday is the Walkathon for the Junior and Middle School children, lease dress for walking. The Senior School will complete a Triathlonathon.
4. We are now swimming for PE so remember tags on PE days. The pool is open for swimming during lunchtime.
5. All children who travel to school by bike, scooter or skateboard are required to wear a helmet.
Triathlon training cancelled,
Inter-school athletics is still on. Please bring a jacket, hat and plenty of water if your child is in the interschool team. Please see the tab in this app for a schedule of the day. Parents transporting please meet on the hall steps at 8.55am.
Week 6 Reminders
1. On Monday we will Powhiri in our last new entrant intake.
2. On Tuesday the road patrollers are heading to Rainbows End, they will leave at 9.00am and not return until 4.00pm.
3. On Thursday we have the interschool athletics for those children in Year 4-6 who received permission slips today.
4. The Year 6 Pasifika Maori graduation event is on Thursday evening in the staffroom starting at 6.00pm.
5. For PE, children will start their Water safety sessions so they will need togs (swimmers) and a towel on their PE day. If your child is swimming please ensure they are sun smart and apply sunscreen prior to coming to school.
A few things:
1. Eden Albert Cultural Festival
2. Host Families needed for Mount Albert Grammar School
3. Summer is a great time to walk and right now is a great time to join one of our walking buses! We are getting four $100 Albert’s Post gift vouchers and giving one to a lucky family on each of our buses. All you need to do is be registered with a bus before 7 December. Also on 7 December, all children on a walking bus will be having a pool party after school! So get involved now, visit our walking school bus page or the office to find out more about the Gladstone Walking Bus routes and how to get involved.
Just a reminder for house t-shirts, hats and sun lotion for athletics tomorrow. Also there will be no triathlon in the morning.
|Reminders for week 5
1. School is closed tomorrow, there is no OSCAR or Whanau Fono either.