Enrolment & Zone

Badge Getting Started Booklet Badge ProspectusBadge Zone Map

Gladstone Primary Enrolment Zone

In New Zealand, most children start school shortly after they turn five. All children must be enrolled at school by their sixth birthday.

Enrolling early helps us in planning for the number of children that will be attending, so it’s important to do this as soon as possible – ideally three months before they are due to start school. 

IN ZONE ENROLMENT

If you have an in-zone child who you wish to attend Gladstone please contact the school (09 846 9744) to have their name put onto our preschool list. Parents will be contacted several weeks prior to the child’s birthday to arrange an enrolment interview. At this time an enrolment pack will be sent out for you to complete and to bring to the interview. The following original documentation will need to be brought to the interview.

• Your child’s Birth Certificate (if your child was not born in NZ their passport is required)
  • Parent’s Passport (If the child has a parent who was not born in NZ and does not speak English as their first language, we must photocopy the parent’s passport for ESOL funding).
  • Immunisation record (Plunket book or Medical History)
  • Proof of address x 3 (e.g. Phone account – Power account – Gas account – Rental Tenancy Agreement – Rates account – Sale and Purchase Agreement)
  • The completed Statutory Declaration form
NEW ENTRANTS

For New Entrants Gladstone runs an Induction Programme which consists of visits to the school prior to the intake start date (generally the 1st and 6th Mondays of each term). This programme ensures a smooth and happy start to school life (for both children and parents) as the children get to know other children they will start with and Mums and Dads get to meet other parents. For all other students (Y2-6) enrolment interviews are organised when you make contact with the school. 

WILL YOUR CHILD BE IN YEAR 0 or YEAR 1 WHEN THEY START SCHOOL?

As a general guideline all students starting in Intake 4 (mid Term 2, Birth date 1st May and after) and after will be classified New Entrants and will be in Year 1 the following year. In all cases a minimum of 18 months will be spent in years one and two.

HOME ZONE

A list of addresses of the Gladstone Primary School home zone is found below. All students living in the home zone are entitled to enrol at the school at any time. Proof of residence within the zone will be required.

The specific streets in zone

Click here to download a list of the specific streets in zone.

Getting Started Booklet  • PROSPECTUS •   Enrolment Zone Map

15 Replies to “Enrolment & Zone”

1. Hi we live on Euston Rd a block away from Kerr-Taylor, our son goes to Ferndale Kindy is there an out of zone waiting list?

Like

1. Hi,

We are in zone for Gladstone. My son turns 5 on April 22, 2020. I am unclear as to when he will start??

Can you please advise me of start date.

Like

2. Hi, I will attend a study in Auckland in February 2021. My daughter is in P1 in Singapore school. I am going to stay in the apartment in the zone of your school.
    Could you advise me,
    1. Can my daughter apply to your school in when we move into the apartment in your zone?
    2. I will study level 9, therefore, my daughter should be treated as a domestic student. However, my enrollment will start on 14 Feb 2021. Should my daughter apply before or after 14 Feb 2021? Of cause, we shall apply and have visas before we fly to Auckland. In Singapore, my daughter will finish her primary one on 16th December 2020.

I am looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much!
    Kind regards,
    Nguyen Dinh Thong

Like

1. I ready received the advices from the school! Thank you very much for your reply!

Like

3. Hi! My nephew will be moving up to Auckland from Palmerston North in early June. He is 8 and has already been in a couple of schools, as he’s moved around family. Our home address is just out of zone (Riro St) – will you be having out of zone enrolments any time soon?

Like

4. Hi! My nephew (8 years) is moving up to Auckland to live with me in a couple of weeks. He has been enrolled in a couple of schools previously, as he has moved around family. Our address on Riro St is just out of zone. Will you be considering out of zone placements any time in the near future?

Like