A copy of the month’s notifications will be available on this page below (but may not be as timely as the app).
♦ MONDAY 12 NOVEMBER – School is closed for strike action. No School and no OSCAR available. [Click here for school notice regarding the strike day].
|Reminders for week 4
1. Lunchtime swims start this week for those who bring their togs. PE swimming starts in week 6, please no Year 0 children to come to lunchtime swim until they have had their first swimming session with the PE teachers.
2. There is a sausage sizzle on Tuesday, purchase your sausage in the hall before school.
3. Interschool softball is on Thursday at Keith Hay Park for those children who have made the team.
4. High Ability Meeting with Brooke Trenwith – 7 pm in the staffroom Tuesday, November 6. This week is our meeting with Brooke “35 success tips for High Ability Students”.
5. Remember children need to wear hats to play outside during term 4.
6. The athletics day postponed last week will be on Thursday 15 November.
Until week 6, Thursday 15th November. The first shower was heavier than predicted and the 3 weather sites we are checking all have varying levels of wind strength for today.
Remember we have a coffee cart at school on Friday mornings and the Halloween Disco is on Friday evening in the hall. The quiz is also on Saturday night for the adults.
The forecast today is for a little light rain around 10 but clear for the rest of the day. It’s going to be windy so please pack a wind proff jacket, house t-shirty and sun block to stop the wind burn. We will make a final decision at 8.30 as the forecast has been changing regularly over the past 24 hours.
|Reminders for week 3
1. On Tuesday rooms 49 & 46 will go to Vector Wero Whitewater Park, on Wednesday rooms 47 & 46 will go.
2. On Thursday will be the Middle and Senior School Athletic day at Unitec. Parents going to watch your children please be aware that Unitec has parking enforcement onsite so please be aware of all signage when parking. The Junior school athletics day will be at school on the field. Please remember to wear your house shirts as this is a house competition.
3. There will be no triathlon training this week due to the athletics day.
4. On Friday is the Halloween Disco, Year 0,1,2 children from 5:30-6:30 and Year 3-6 from 7.00-8.00pm. Remember to dress up in your scariest outfits. Bring your coins for the reusable LED glow lights and sausage sizzle (only at Year 0-2 disco).
5. Tickets are still available for the adult quiz night on Saturday, please email Lee for tickets.
6. Please refrain from parking in our staff carparks, any vehicles parked in there will be towed.
|Reminders for week 2
1. Monday is a public holiday so school is closed.
2. Student involved conferences are on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. If you have not booked an appointment to see your child’s teacher please call the office.
3. On Thursday mornings starting at 7.40, there is an optional triathlon training for those children involved in the weet-bix triathlon or senior school children wanting to practice prior to the senior school triathlon,
4. Please remember school finishes at 3.00pm, if you are unable to collect your child/ren by 3.10 you need to enrol them in afterschool care.
5. We are currently seeking a registered nurse to work from 11.00am-2.00pm every day. For more information please contact Barbara McPherson [email protected]
6. Scholastic book order forms came home on Friday. They are due on Tuesday 31st of October. All orders are to be placed online at scholastic book club loop. Parent login also on this page you can download the app for iPhones or Androids.
7. Halloween Disco – Friday 2 November – Halloween dress up and come boogie – gold coin entry Year 0,1,2,3: 5.30 – 6.30 pm, Year 4,5,6: 7.00 – 8.00 pm. Sausage Sizzle starts at 5.00 pm for the first disco only, glow sticks and snacks on sale. Prizes for best dressed and best dance moves.
8. High Ability Students – Parent Meeting- November 6th @ 7 pm in the School Staffroom. Brooke Trenwith is one of New Zealand’s leading educators in Gifted Education and she is leading a parent meeting for Gladstone School parents and caregivers. 35 Success Tips for High Ability Students.
If you are the parent of a student with high abilities we would love you to come along. Please register with Claire Alger by emailing [email protected]
|Reminders for Term 4, week 1
Welcome to Term 4, we hope you have had a fantastic and safe break. School starts back at 8.45 on Monday morning.
1. Term 4 is a compulsory hat term, for children to play in open spaces they will need a hat.
2. We have our student involved conferences in week 2, please book a time to see your child’s teacher.Click here for more information
3. There is a sausage sizzle on Tuesday, please purchase your sausage in the hall before school,
4. Your child/ren’s report will be coming home in their bags on Friday.
5. Whanau Fono is not on week 1, due to Labour day in the second week there will be no Whanau Fono until Monday 29 October.
6. High Ability Students – Parent Meeting: November 6th @ 7 pm in the School Staffroom.
7. Halloween Disco at school hall: Fri 2 Nov – Halloween dress up and come boogie – gold coin entry. Year 0,1,2,3: 530 – 6.30 pm, Year 4,5,6: 7 – 8 pm Sausage Sizzle starts at 5 pm for first disco only, glow sticks and snacks on sale.